Recent Posts

blog title

Monday, July 22, 2013

Vintage Musgraves

Okay - she's like twenty-four or something, so "vintage Musgraves" might not exist. But this is my blog post, so I can title it whatever I want!

Plus when you're twenty-four, a photo from a year ago totally counts as vintage. So there.

"What is Jenni talking about?" Who knows. Pregnant ladies are crazy. Oh well.

Oh yeah! This photo is what I'm talking about:

  

So before I ever started writing The Local, I had a personal blog that I pretty much wrote so that I would have something to do with all the photos I couldn't make myself stop taking!  For one of the posts on that blog, I went to a concert and took photos of how girls were styling their cowgirl boots. 

My sister and I spent an hour or so before the show freaking girls out by asking them if we could take a picture of their outfit for my blog. (For the most part they were actually super flattered! I ended up more worried that I would hurt someone's feelings by not asking them to pose!) 

The last girl that we asked was wearing the lace top, leather skirt and turquoise boots (and shades!) that you see in the pic above. She was running across the venue, but the outfit was so great that we couldn't let her get away and we chased her down! 

Luckily, she was super sweet and stopped long enough to give us a little Vogue action. Even though I was already very familiar with her music, she hadn't quite blown up yet so I didn't even recognize her until she got up on stage! 


Well of course she knew how to wear cowgirl boots! She was freakin' Kacey Musgraves! If anybody knows, it's her. 

Of course, that was a whole year ago! I'm sure she has lots more cute cowgirl boots outfits by now. Thusly and therefore, this outfit totally counts as "vintage Musgraves." 

Jenni

1 comment:

  1. She's pretty amazing for a 24-year-old, all around. Singin', song writin', wearing cowgirl boots! She's good at everything!

    ReplyDelete